Click here for our Out Patient Laboratory Service Center locations, maps and hours.
McLaren Lapeer Region’s (McLaren Lapeer Region) Main Laboratory is accredited by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists (CAP). This accreditation, based on the excellent results the lab received during a recent onsite inspection, makes McLaren Lapeer Region one of nearly 7,000 CAP-accredited laboratories nationwide.
The purpose of the Clinical Laboratory Department is to perform laboratory testing necessary for the diagnosis and treatment of patients, perform therapeutic procedures, and provide physician services in diagnostic pathology.
- Laboratory testing and procedures are performed in the fields of Serology, Biochemistry, Blood Bank, Coagulation, Hematology, Urinalysis, Microbiology (limited), and Histology.
- Routine and STAT services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by physician order for
Emergency Room Patients
Testing of Laboratory Outreach Specimen
- The Outpatient drawing area operates Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.; closed Sundays and holidays.
- The Clinical Laboratory Department participates in proficiency testing and inspections as required by:
College of American Pathologists
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act. 1988
- The laboratory performs sterility testing for other hospital departments.
- The Clinical Department represents the hospital in all interactions with our patients and co-workers in the style and spirit of "Quality Care through Teamwork". Our mission is to be "Michigan's best value in Health Care as defined by quality outcomes and cost."
When arriving at McLaren Lapeer Region in the main lobby, please follow the red lines directly to the Lab. If you have questions, please go to the Information Desk located in the main lobby.